With access and addition to hearing the community’s perspective on problems related to healthy youth development, it is important to document the issues using existing information sources. Such information can be used to help document the level of the problem and to consider whether further action is necessary. Later, this data can be used to determine how effective the group was in addressing the problem or goal. (Note: Increased community awareness may beget changes in reporting, changes in enforcement patterns, and other activities that make it difficult to conclude that there was an effect or that observed effects were due to the initiative.) We assure them of the opportunity they have as youth and they have to build the world to become a better place.
VCDK Methods of working are:
- Drugs substance abuse
- Seedling Lab
- Job creation
DRUGS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM
It is widely acknowledged that substance abuse is one of the most critical challenges facing the world today. Many people with substance abuse problems, especially the young people is a serious problem for the world in general. To remove these barriers to youth we organize special drug training for young people and parents. We provide special treatment for drug addicts and send them to care centers for rehabilitation. We network with other likeminded organizations both in the public and private sector.
Framework for intervention:
- Prevention of alcohol and drug problems affecting the workplace; ·
- Identification and management of alcohol and drug issues at the earliest stage;
- Protection of the health, safety and welfare of communities by offering training for persons with Substance Use Disorders and related problems.
- VCDK in collaboration with the government and the private sector will put in place interventions on what the young people can do even if it means creating jobs for themselves.
- We are building capacity, mentoring, and economic empowering the youths.
- The Overall Aim The overall aim of the guidelines is to standardize the approach for developing an alcohol and drug abuse prevention policy to ensure a safe and healthy working environment. This will further enhance productivity and strengthen performance in the public sector, even for the youth in the community.
- Rehabilitation: Individualized drug counseling only focuses on reducing or stopping illicit drug or alcohol use. We facilitate young people addicted to drugs by sending them to rehabilitation centers that help them turn back to renew their social and physical lives as consequences for purposes of reintegration back into workplace and the society.